Our scanning electron microscope coupled with x-ray analysis (EDS) is used to examine microscopic details of surfaces and sectioned samples, to identify and analyse features of interest for a wide range of investigations:
- metallurgical fractures and Failure analysis
- corrosion problems and evaluation of test coupons
- surface coating evaluation and measurement
- composite Materials.
We have expertise in analysing samples for a wide range of sectors including:
- Oil/Gas/Power Generation
- Heavy Engineering
- Science Projects
Its 5-axis computer controlled stage is mounted in a specimen chamber Standard automated features include focus, gun saturation, gun alignment, contrast and brightness with secondary & back scattered electron Imaging.
The Bruker EDS system is coupled to a thin-window detector for simultaneous analysis .The system has both qualitative and quantitative x-ray analysis capabilities, X-ray map acquisition, high-resolution digital imaging and image analysis.
EDS can be used to study the elemental compositions. Also EDX can be used to analyze
- Elemental composition at a point, Object analysis (Any field of interest).
- Multipoint Elemental analysis.
- Qunatitative Line scan Elemental Analysis.
- Quantitative mapping, Phase Analysis – which can identify the phases automatically with individual phase elemental composition & color scan.