Metallography is the fastest growing requirement in industry today. Research and case studies show that the product life cycle is often attributable to properties examined at the microscopic level. At MICROLAB our engineers use the latest available Image Analysis systems and software coupled to our microscopes, stereo microscopes, and hardness instruments to assure compliance to the newest material standards.
Our team of qualified and experienced metallurgists provide a wide range of testing activities.
We assist you to do all your metallurgical testing, analysis such as:
- Micro structure Evaluation (Ferrous & Non Ferrous), phase distribution and defect assessments
- Determination of heat treatment condition
- Graphite type, size, distribution in cast irons / SG irons
- Effective Case Depth measurement of case hardened components.
- Case depth Measurement by Microscopic Method,
- Nitriding depth measurement.
- Macro Examination
- Inclusion rating / Cleanliness rating
- Coating Thickness Measurement.
- Plating Thickness Measurement.
- Porosity Testing.
- Weld evaluations.
- Grain flow.
- Grain size Determination.
- Micro Hardness Testing.
- Ferrite counts, volume fraction determinations image analysis
- Image analysis
- Weld assessments, macro examination/flow etch tests, photography and photomicrographs
- Grinding Burn Test
- Dendrite Arm spacing (DAS) / Secondary Dendrite Arm Spacing(SDAS)
The following modules are available:
- Bright field
- Polarized light
- Differential Contrast